Young girl burnt at tandoor – 08 Nov 2022


BAHAWALPUR: A young girl suffered burns after she caught fire while working at the tandoor of her house at Naurang Pul on Musafirkhana-Kalanchwala road.

According to District Emergency Officer (DEO) Baqir Hussain, Rimsha (17) was baking bread in the tandoor when her clothes caught fire and engulfed her whole body in big flames. She suffered serious burns on her body.

The rescuers reached her house, provided her first aid and shifted her to the emergency ward of Bahawal Victoria Hospital (BVH).

The rescuers and doctors said 60pc of Rimsha’s body had been burnt and her life was in danger.

Meanwhile, another woman, identified as Fatimah, suffered electric shocks while ironing her clothes at home at Airiwali Gali in Islami Colony. She was shifted to BVH for treatment.

PROTEST: The visually impaired work-charged workers of the buildings department held a protest against the non-payment of their salaries for the last four months.

The protesters told the media that they were getting Rs25,000 each but they were not paid for the four months and were unable to meet their family expenses.

They warned that if their payments were not made by the department, they would have to take extreme steps.

Read more