Woman burnt in electric stove fire – 09 Nov 2022

BAHAWALPUR: A woman suffered critical burns in an electric stove fire at Basti Miani near Baqirpur bypass on Tuesday night.

A team of the Rescue 1122 shifted Ambreen Bibi, 25, to the emergency ward of the Bahawal Victoria Hospital (BVH) in a critical condition.

District Emergency Officer Baqir Hussain told Dawn that the woman was preparing meals on the electric stove which abruptly caught fire.

The flames engulfed her clothes and she suffered injuries. After rendering first aid to the woman, the rescuers shifted the woman to the BVH.

The DEO said a short-circuit triggered a fire and doctors at the BVH were trying to save her life.

CDA board: The Punjab government has reconstituted the board of directors (BoD) of the Cholistan Development Authority (CDA), Bahawalpur.

The Planning and Development Board has issued a notification according to which provincial minister Muhammad Basharat Raja and Punjab chief minister’s special assistant for colonies MPA Dr Muhammad Afzal (from Yazman tehsil) have been nominated chairman and vice chairman, respectively, while the CDA managing director (MD) is board’s secretary.

The other official and non-official members are MPA Ehsanul Haq Chaudhry and Ms Fouzia Abbas, the provincial secretaries for finance, agriculture and livestock, member colonies, Board of Revenue of Punjab (BoR), divisional commissioner, Bahawalpur, chief engineer, irrigation, Bahawalpur Zone, conservator of forests, Bahawalpur Division, superintending engineer PHED, MD, TDCP, deputy directors, agriculture and livestock and deputy registrar cooperative societies. The board’s first meeting is expected to be held on Nov 12 at the CDA Complex, Bahawalpur.

SUGAR STOCKS: Pakistan Sugar Mills Association Punjab chairman Chaudhry Zaka Ashraf says the surplus sugar stocks worth $1 billion are lying unsold in the godowns across the country. He clarifies that the figure was inadvertently mentioned as Rs1bn in a recent interview.

Read more