Ten-year-old girl allegedly raped in Okara – 12 Dec 2022

Victim returned home after three days of captivity in a state of trauma

Three men allegedly kidnapped a 10-year-old girl and raped her in the limits of Dipalpur City Police Station, police said.

They said the suspects kept the child hostage for three days after which the child returned home in a state of indescribable trauma.

The victim is a daughter of one Khalid Nawaz, a resident of Ziauddin Colony.

At 10 o’clock on the night of December 8, Nawaz’s wife had gone out of the house for some work leaving her daughter behind.

Police said that the suspect, Nazir, drove to the house of Nawaz along with his two unidentified accomplices, kidnapped the child and took her to an unknown location. There the accused Nazir allegedly raped the child.

After three days, the child escaped from the captivity of the accused and reached home where she told her parents about the atrocities she had been subject to.

As soon as the news of this incident was aired by the media, Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi took notice of the incident and called for a report from the RPO of Sahiwal, Mirza Faran Baig. DPO Furqan Bilal visited the house of the victim.

In light of Furqan Bilal’s orders, police registered a case and arrested Nazir, the main accused. They were conducting raids to arrest the other accused. In the initial medical report, it was proved that the child was raped.

The victim, accompanied by a lady policewoman, was taken to a nearby hospital. In the month of August this year, a fourteen-year-old girl who worked as a maid at her neighbour’s house in Chak No. 466 GB in Khurrianwala, had been allegedly raped several times by her employer’s husband, Abrar alias Bari, police had said. The victim got pregnant, they had said.

Police had arrested the accused and started a search for his wife.

In the month of May this year, a woman had lodged a complaint with the police in Khurrianwala in which she alleged that her husband had sexually abused her 11-year-old daughter from a previous marriage.

According to police, the complainant, Nusrat Parveen, had stated in her case that her husband, Sajjad Ahmed, had sexually abused his stepdaughter.

She had alleged that Sajjad would often secretly mix their food with some sleeping pills that made them fall asleep.

Nusrat Parveen said that when she woke up at 11pm on May 15 to drink some water she saw her husband had been sexually assaulting his stepdaughter.

The complainant said that she screamed at the top of her voice which alerted the neighbours who gathered in her house to catch Sajjad, but before they could do so the suspect escaped.

Nusrat Parveen said her first marriage was with Muhammad Munir with whom she had two children, a son and a daughter.

She told the police that she took divorce from Munir Ahmed due to domestic disputes and got married to Sajjad in 2018.

Read more