Newly-wed couple dies of suffocation – 17 Nov 2022

Sources say they allegedly forgot to turn gas heater off

A newly-wed couple died of suffocation apparently after forgetting to turn off a gas heater before falling asleep in Abbottabad. According to sources, the harrowing incident took place within the limits the Mirpur police station.

Sources said family members found the couple unconscious once they broke the door to enter their room. They were rushed to a nearby hospital but doctors pronounced them dead on arrival, they said.

Sources further said the bodies were handed over to the heirs after medico-legal formalities.

Meanwhile, Abbottabad Deputy Commissioner Tariq Salam Marwat Wednesday chaired a meeting of the steering committee on education. Education Monitoring Authority (EMA) DM Tehmas Khan briefed the participants regarding the performance of the previous month and the implementation of the minutes of the previous meeting.

The DC issued instructions to the education department for the improvement of education and the provision of essential facilities at schools.

A statement stated that Tariq Salam Marwat emphasised the implementation of modern methods in teaching. He directed authorities to fill the vacancies of school administrative staff and teachers at the earliest. He said to promote education and reading among students, the department should ensure provision of online books to the students while also improving the condition of the libraries.

Read more