Newly-wed couple asphyxiated by gas – 29 Dec 2022

LAHORE: A newly-wed couple reportedly found dead in a room of the house in Mustafa Town area early on Wednesday.

Identified as Sahriq Ali, the young man had married Hamna two days back and the initial police inquiries suggested that they died of suffocation due to the gas leakage in the room.

A police official said the family of the boy told the investigators that the couple had gone to their room for sleep late on Tuesday. He said when the parents of the boy knocked the room on Wednesday early morning, no one responded.

On noticing some gas smell coming out of the room, they unlocked the door and found both of them dead.

The experts inquired into the matter after examining all the aspects, the police official said adding that, apparently, there is no offence involved in the incident and bodies have been handed over to the family after completing legal formalities.

Read more