Man held for faking shooting, injury during ‘dacoity’ – 08 Jan 2023

OKARA: A man who allegedly shot at and injured himself to implicate his rivals in a dacoity case was arrested on Friday evening.

As per a first information report (FIR) filed the same day he was arrested, the Rajowal police post in-charge was on patrolling duty with his team when he received information that a man had been shot at and injured during a dacoity near Head Kharal Kalan. The team rushed to the spot and found a man lying injured, who introduced himself as Muhammad Boota, a resident of Jhugian Azeem Kharal.

On the other hand, the man managed to get the incident viral on social media. However, police suspected the entire shooting episode while resisting a robbery was fake.

During investigation, Boota was unable to corroborate his claims and later admitted to shooting himself to implicate his rivals in the case.

According to the FIR, police first got him treated from a hospital and later on searching, found an illegal weapon in his possession. On the report of Sub-Inspector Ijaz Riaz, a case against Boota was registered at Hujra Shah Muqeem police station under sections 427, 337-H, 29-D of The Telegraph Act 1885, Section 2(a) of The Punjab Arms Amendment Ordinance 2015 and Section 13 of The Punjab Arms Ordinance 1965.

MISSING GIRL: A 20-year-old girl was said to have gone missing after she did not return home from her academy. As per the FIR, Rida Fatima went to her academy on Friday morning near Jafar Stadium from Renala Green City locality, but did not return home.

After waiting for some time, her family contacted the neighbours and their relatives, but to no avail.

Rida’s father then got a kidnap case registered against unidentified suspect(s) under Section 365-B of PPC at Renala City police station.

SOLDIER BURIED: A naib subedar of the army who was martyred on Friday after being injured during an operation against terrorists in Bannu, was laid to rest in his native village 23/2L near Renala Khurd.

Commando Rao Zafar Yab joined the army in February 2000 and later served with the Special Services Group in 2004. Last week, during an anti-terrorist operation in Bannu, he was injured and martyred on Friday.

His body was brought here by a convoy of the army’s Zarrar Company. After his funeral prayers that were attended by a large number of locals, he was laid to rest with full military protocol.

He is survived by a wife, 16-year-old son Ali Husnain, daughters Sehrish, 14, and Jannat, 1.

Read more