Lakki boy kidnapped two months ago still untraced – 30 Apr 2022
LAKKI MARWAT: Jamiat Ulema-iIslam-Fazl MPA Munawar Khan Marwat has urged Chief Minister Mahmood Khan and provincial police officer to take notice of the kidnapping of a teenage boy from Lakki Marwat and order the relevant officials to ensure his safe recovery.
In a recorded video message posted on social media on Friday, the lawmaker flayed the poor performance of local police and said that despite the lapse of over two months the police could not trace the whereabouts of Rehanullah.
A teenager Rehanullah, son of a businessman Rizwanullah, had been kidnapped from Lakki Marwat in February this year.
Last month, the local traders had threatened to observe a shutter down and wheeljam strike in Lakki Marwat to build pressure on police for the safe recovery of Rehanullah.
The protest call was later withdrawn when police authorities assured the business com-munity that they would soon recover the boy.
The lawmaker supported the campaign of the local residents, especially youths, launched on social media for the recovery of kidnapped boy.
`The police are playing a role of silent spectator in this particular case,` Munawar Khan said and urged the chief minister to order the police for early recovery of the boy.
FIRING IN AIR BANNED: Deputy commissioner Iqbal Hussain Bacha banned the display of arms and firing in the air for one month, said an of ficial on Friday.
He said the ban had been imposed to avert any untoward incident during Eid days.
`The district administration has apprehensions that the display of weapons, firing in the air, use of firecrackers and doing wheelies can cause harm to people during the Eid festival,` he said and added the violators would be punished under the law. Correspondent